Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Bright Spirit Passes -

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/news-leader/obituary.aspx?n=ramona-sue-colvard&pid=146242926&sms_ss=favorites&at_xt=4cca180633a32281,0

While I am truly sad that my aunt has passed, I am grateful she is no longer in the pain she endured for the past 4-5 years.

The family struggled with the life support option, but in the end she was sound of mind to make clear she wanted none of that.. she was ready to go on her terms.

She will be greatly missed!! She touched so many lives, including mine.
She had devoted her life to God, and was truly devoted to living her convictions. She was always a kind ear and was always willing to share her views, but would never force them on you..

For as long as I can remember she loved playing music, the piano, and singing. Her and Bob (her husband of 50+ years) made several recordings than I recall.

One that kept running through my mind at the funeral goes , I don't know the title, "Little boy in the field why do you cry, can't you hear your mother say, I'll see you again someday". Then I heard them queue up "wind beneath my wings". That's when the fountains turned on in my eyes. :)

The graveside service was spectacular as well. We let balloons soar on the wind (I know, not enviromental but...). ..

One thing this also brings to mind is how, no matter what spirituality you practice, the idea that the spirit lives on is often shared between them... Something to reflect on this Samhain


1 comment:

  1. I have to say this blog entry is extremely touching. I hate that it was on these terms, but I was happy to see you. Hopefully we can spend some time together in the future. Tim

    ReplyDelete