Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fall Garden

It’s been hot here lately. Really hot for quite some time. The kind of hot where, if you don’t get done before daylight, you aren’t gonna get started.

So, while I ain’t enjoying the heat, I am enjoying getting the garden ready for fall planting. Just thinking about the winter brightens my day.

I picked up a load of mulch from the yard waste recycling center on Wednesday and will pick up composted horse manure in the AM.

Just a matter of spreading it, tilling it in and watering it. Then plant in a few days. Yeeha!!

Besides that, I’ve been doing a lot of reading lately. Mostly about farming/community/ecology. Very interesting stuff.

I’m intrigued by cover crops/green manure/compost. don’t have it all figured out of course but it seems interesting and doable.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled muggle day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment