Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Goodbye Sweet Gabby Girl

 

 

GABBY

A lot of things have happened since I last posted. The most critical was our Weimaraner (Gabby) was diagnosed with cancer about three weeks ago. A week ago tomorrow  (10/5), we had to have her put to sleep. 

We’d had her since she was a puppy (almost 14 years). Once the decision was made, I decided to take her out to Dad’s property in Norwood. She always loved going there and running around being a hunting dog. We spent a few hours out there just walking around with her. So she had a good last day (or more likely, it gave us a bit of peace of mind). The next day when we took her in, I could tell she was in pain and her eyes were telling me she was ready.

She was the most intelligent, loving dog I’ve ever had. I still wake up every morning to let her out, and think about her every time we go out or come home. It’s difficult, even now I’m tearing up thinking about it.

I’ve had a dog for most of my life and I’m used to the companionship. I think it will be a while before we get another pet.  We’ve got to get into our own place first and it’s problematic finding a rental that accepts pets. 

1 comment: