Saturday, May 12, 2012

Poetry Picture Challenge May 12

animated-candle-2-sm

A Wee Wee Touch

 

Some would ask to be very great,

and high in the hall of fame,

but all I ask is a tiny touch.

A touch of a writers fame.

Like a candle that is aglow,

though small may be the flame,

yet even if one may se by the light,

then the candle glowed not in vain.

 

So all I ask is a touch of light

to place beside my name and

this I ask not for myself but

for my babies names.

I ask tit not that I might live

in the light of a writers fame

except that whne my children walk,

all others will know their name.

 

It’s such a little tiny thought

yet oh so hard to explain,

for my  heart I want to hold

a touch that will make my name.

Now this wee wee touch turns into much

and I question my heart of its gain.

For words must live and hearts must give,

and it lies in the realm of fame.

~Viola G. Scroggins.

  I miss you grandma!!

1 comment: