Sunday, October 11, 2009

About Our New Computer

Here is a picture of our latest technology acquisition. It's our first Mac.. It's a MacBook Pro. I'm quite impressed with how it looks. It has a lot more functionality and features than I'm use to, the programs are easy for a newbie but a bit difficult for a seasoned PC guru to get the hang of. It's been about 3 weeks now and I'm starting to get comfortable with it. I can get around pretty well and find most things.

For those that don't know, OS X is basically a frontend for Unix/Linux. So while I can get around fine in the GUI, the command line is a bit daunting.. and that's where I really want to play. If you remember DOS days then imagine trying to go from windows to the command line with no previous knowledge. I do know a bit about linux.. but just enough to be dangerous.

Most of our existing hardware works with the Mac.. The scannner does, the Ipod of course. but my zen doesn't :(

Hmm how does this tie in with Paganism? I'll be praying to the technology goddess for enlightnment.. or something

meanwhile check out this video for a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment