Monday, October 19, 2009

Reconnection

After a long wet week last week, this week has been absolutely yummy. highs in the 50's and sunshine. Helen and I have been renovating "The Elders" yard. There is quite a bit of work to do. From relining a pond to cleaning out flower beds, rock gardens, etc.

It's been a good while since either of us has done much in the way of manual labor and we're feeling it :) That's why I'm on here today instead of outside.

It does feel good to get out into nature and do something though. Nothing better than a hard days work with the earth to ground you. It makes me feel richer than any amount of money ever could. Reconnection to mama earth renews our connection and place in nature. Humility shows us we are just another creature of her not master of the domain.


New Hobby!!



OK So podcasting is anything but new.. but it is new to me. I fired up Itunes the other day to see what was available and came across "The dark side of Fey" and "A Pagan heart in Maine". I've listened to a few episodes of each and am hooked on both. I'm downloading the remainder of darkside as we speak.

If you've the time and interest you can find the links under "podcasts" in the links section of the left sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment