Saturday, February 20, 2010

Typical


Helen pointed this cartoon out to me in the local new paper and I though .. how typical of the republican/fundamentalist rhetoric of our area (buckle of the bible belt).. but upon further reflection, this sentiment crosses party lines. Obama's message was strong and many though he would make all these changes overnight I suppose. That's just not reality. It will likely take more than four (or even eight) to fix what Bush fucked up.

As usual though we Americans want change Yesterday.. but ask for it tomorrow. I hope Obama is all that he claims to be, but in the long run he is just a figure head with very little power. Its all about how persuasive he can be with congress... They say the proof is in the pudding and I think we should all keep that in mind when we ask for the improbable.

The easy can be fixed quickly, the impossible takes a bit longer ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment