Thursday, March 4, 2010

Winter Games and Dreams of Spring

I'm not a big sports fan. I hate football and very rarely watch any sports save maybe a couple inning a year of baseball. But I do enjoy the winter games. Unfortunately, we currently reside with the in-laws, who think football, survivor, and daytime soaps are the only worthwhile pastime..

I did get to see some of the couples ice skating, a little downhill, and some regular ice skating.. It's refreshing to see people who are so enthusiastic and driven. Most Americans do good to be enthusiastic about anything beyond the weekend or their next bottle of beer, or fast food feast. In fact, I'd venture to say, the only other thing most Americans get so pumped up about is religion, and most of the time thats the sunday christian type, not the real christian. But I digress.

Watching the winter olympics makes you think about (or in some cases long for) spring. So, While we are still stuck here in MO... I'll post some springtime pictures of VT. I guess most places look about the same in winter.. minus the Beautiful mountains.. but hey.. I'm posting so I'll post my likes. It only fair since it is my blog ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment