Sunday, August 29, 2010

WitchCamp The Runes -- Hagalaz

Hail is the whitest of grain;It is whirled from the vault of heavenand is tossed about by gusts of wind and then it melts into water.

Powerful. Amazing

At camp this year were were working with Odin and Freya. The story was how Odin hung for 9 days from the world tree (would you know more?)

anyway we broke into ritual groups by drawing a rune from a pot. Mine was Hagalaz.. Wow!! Transformation. Imagine that... couldn't be mine.. LOL

I'll not say much more but It was a very powerful week. I don't know about transformation (takes time) but I do have clarification of intention.. and that's a hell of a start.

We wrote an invocation about Hagalaz for ritual. Once I get a copy from our group leader I'll post it here.

overall it was an awesome camp. I made some new friends, renewed some old friendships, and learned a lot about myself. And I even wrote some new poems!!!

There was a lot more camper involvement with ritual this year and I loved it.. We had to do an invocation for center.. it's hard to describe in words. I was impressed with it because we used no words. It was silent and was a dance.. I was worried it might be to abstract but I could tell by audience reaction that it came across loud and clear :)

Path was awesome as well. I took "The Bard's path".. I was scared to death. I am, by nature, an introvert (not that you could tell right?). I don't share my feelings or works (poetry) easily. But I felt comfortable doing so this year. I also made a point to talk with new campers and anyone I'd seen at camp and never really talked with.. I was just radiant with energy. It was invigorating. Best camp of the 3 years I've gone, says I.

The down side to this is coming back to "the real" world.. Obviously it would be unwise to be so open daily. For one everyone would think you crazy (not that that would be much different, from what they think of me anyway), but then there are those energy vampires who tend to drain you... So how do we take the energy we build and use it in daily life? I welcome your opinions.

enough for now. Just thought I better post and let everyone know I hadn't fallen into the void, never to be seen again. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment