Monday, July 20, 2009

What this blog is about?

I just realized I've had this blog a while.. though I haven't been active on it much till recently. I guess I should take a bit of time explaining why I created it, why I chose the topic of paganism, and why some of the post may, to the casual reader, appear to have nothing to do with paganism.

I've created this blog basically as a way to air some of my views. We are in the buckle of the bible belt and, while there are some pagan groups in Springfield, they tend to be quite conservative for our tastes.

I came to paganism in a round about way really. I was raised Southern Baptist and knew from about the age of 10 that it wasn't my thing. Then I met Helen when we were both working at a video arcade. She was reading tarot for a friend when I walked in and freaked out.... LOL.. Now after a few years and some research I've got most of the nasty taste of organized religion out of my mouth and mind.

I have to say once I started reading about pagan beliefs it was like "wow, I didn't know other people believed this too!!"

I'm still what I'd call a 101 person, but I do feel like I've learned quite a bit.

Now, as I see it all things, in some off the wall way, are related to paganism.. from mundane task to ritual. Though I'll be the first to admit.. some of my post may go more political at times.. OTOH.. typically they are still related to human rights/environment/etc so technically still pagan venue :)

No comments:

Post a Comment