Friday, February 25, 2011

Spring around the corner

Next to winter, spring is one of my favorite times of year. The harvest has long ago ended, we've had time to reflect on the previous years triumphs and failures, and time to ponder new endeavors.

Spring is a time to set these new endeavors into motion. Starting seeds, planting hopes for future bounty. Both physically and metaphorically.

Watching our hopes grow into reality, letting our fears be absolved.

Helping to nourish life, acknowledging that we can help it along, but ultimately we don't control it's destiny. Humbling..

This reminds me of a song...doesn't everything!!?

It's called "I hope you dance" by Lee Ann Womack

I hope you never lose you sense of wonder.
You get your fill to eat, but always keep that hunger.
May you never take one single breath for granted.
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed.
I hope you still fill small when you stand beside the ocean.
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens.
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance.

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.
I hope you dance, I hope you dance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance.
Never settle for the path of least resistance.
Living might mean taking chances but they're worth taking.
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth makin.
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter.
When you come close to sellin out reconsider.
Give the heavens above more than just a passin glance.

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance, I hope you dance

So as we do this dance of life.. "dancing to the rite of spring" , may we never hunger, may we never thirst.


1 comment:

  1. I thought Fall was your second favorite season! I guess it is only when you're in Vermont.

    ReplyDelete