Thursday, March 24, 2011

How do you envision a sustainable future?

This is a question I've been pondering lately. I don't think anyone has a precise answer. Not all solutions will work in all situations.

But,

I don't see Corporations, Interstate highways, imports both domestically and internationally or overconsumption as sustainable.

I do think that within a few years the only way most folks will be able to survive is through small scale farming (homesteading).

I think things need to refocus to local economy. Get back to knowing people and building community. Bartering, farmers markets, etc are going to be important.

Forget all the Material stuff and focus on reversing the damage we've done since the industrial revolution.

That would be a good start. Get those Corporations sweatin. Reinvent themselves as something useful or go under.

No more bailouts for wall street, maybe even some help for the farmers, the lifeblood of this country. IMHO


No comments:

Post a Comment