Friday, March 4, 2011

seven-point star

There are so many Star symbols out there today.. From the traditional pentagram on up to 9 point, and likely more I haven't seen.

Today our focus is on the seven point star. What I know about it, and what my research has turned up.

The seven-point star is also know as the faerie or elves star and is considered one of the entrances to the faerie relm, or the gateway to the Otherworld.

I see this star in use in the Feri tradition (which differs greatly from faerie. feel free to google both). But I think the star's meaning overlaps,

Here are several prospectives I found.. then mine:

Each point on the star represents a pathway, or the seven rays of manifestation of the higher self as follows:

1st point - Power, Personal Will,

Determination

2nd point - Unconditional Love,

Wisdom, Growth

3rd point - Knowledge, Intelligence

4th point - Harmony, Tranquility

5th point - Powers of mind and Science

6th point - Devotion, Honesty

7th point - Magic

It is also said that the points closely relate with the pentagram, to include earth, air, fire, water, "above & below", and "self"

There are also other correspondence one could draw:

The chakras, the seven planets, days of the week, moon and sun + 5 visible planets, and so on.

I don't know a lot about different pentacles, but I've seen the iron, perl, ect. I'm inclined to think the first example makes sense.. just gut instinct here. But when I look at the seven-point star I always think :

earth, air, fire, water, spirit, above & below, within and without (external to self), and mystery (Center)

I welcome your perspective and comments

Blessed be


No comments:

Post a Comment