Friday, May 6, 2011

Different way of thinking

Terence McKenna - Culture is your Operating System

There are many ways of thinking about things. A whole lot of how we think about things are based on our beliefs, social norms, etc.  So how do we  see other point’s of view?  I don’t know.. but there area some interesting ideas out there.

Terrence Mckenna’s idea that we need to get back to in touch with the shaman idea, has a lot of merit to it. I’m not sure if the drugs are necessary, though they may get you there far quicker. I think it’s more a state of mind, getting into your headspace,  be that through ecstatic trance or whatever. It’s different for each person.

I find that I can get into headspace if I’m relaxed and doing some breathing exercises. I’m beginning to be able to see better when listening to guided meditation. I’ve yet to be able to get to where I can let my mind go and let it experience what it will.

Being able to do this is important. I don’t know what’s out there, but I think that within “the collective unconscious” lies the answers to many unknowns as well as solutions to major problems. Imagine if we could connect with the Gaian mind, would we see a solution to the environmental, social, etc problems? or would it be more subtle, something we have to discern using our “higher” knowledge and our ordinary reality knowledge.

Food for thought

No comments:

Post a Comment