Sunday, May 29, 2011

Law of attraction

A friend suggested I read The Secret. I gave it the college try but, it was a bit to hmm preachy..mystical.. can't exactly describe it. I gave it my 20% test. If I don't like what I'm reading to start with, I commit I won't give up until I've read at least 20% then re-evaluate. Sorry but it just wasn't doing it for me. The logic makes perfect sense.. it was just all the filler.

Anyhow. I found another book at the library called The Law of Attraction Plain and Simple. Much, much better. It also has exercises. Helen and I have been going through them, a step an evening and it really clicks. I'll be the first to admit it's counter intuitive to how I think. It's one of those things you go "looks good on paper but it'd never work in the real world".. See there you go thinking negatively again!!

Anyway with me it's one of those things I know is true subconsciously, but my conscious mind doesn't believe.

Basically you are trying to retrain yourself to think of things in a positive light instead of the negative.

I know this works. It's how I survived college. I told myself I would be the first in my family to graduate college and I would do so with honors. I left no room for argument. This was on the subconscious level. On the conscious level I was busting my ass and worrying to death. But I must have believed it because it worked. After graduation I was like WTF was that!!

I guess my point is that it works. Trick is doing the exercises, saying the affirmations, thinking positively, until it becomes automatic to your subconscious.

I'm working on getting back to that place. It's very difficult for me. I suppose I'm a rather sensitive person as to all that goes on around me. I mean how am I going to make a positive thing out of the tornado that killed 130+ people and left many homeless in Joplin last week?

I'm very willing to keep working on this though because in the past few days I seem to be in a better mood.. Things aren't pissing me off as much.

I'm also hoping it will help me get my shit together and focus on the future. My mind is going in a thousand different directions and I don't know which one to choose. One day this one seems the best, next week it might be something entirely different. Sometimes I wonder If I'm not crazy!!

Anyone that knows me will likely say "certifiable".

Anyway I see I've written a book again!! I haven't been posting much lately but when I do I make it worth while!!

Love & Light,

Don


1 comment: