Friday, April 1, 2011

How do you find your muse?

When you sit down to blog, or have a creative project of any kind you need to work on, how do you get yourself motivated to do it? What are your rituals or habits?

This is a tough one for me. I use to never write unless I was depressed. But I started reading about witchcraft and everywhere I turned I was being told I need to keep a journal.

Well, I'd researched and written papers for school. Lots of process but not really much thought put into it.

So I started journaling. Assuming I would one day write about profound things. I like to think I've made it to that point, but most stuff still seems mundane. I know that the idea is that the mundane is profane... Haven't reached that point yet, though I do feel I see more of it everyday.

Journaling has made me a more thoughtful writer though. I tend to think more, process more, think about the words I'm using instead of just blurting them out. Sometimes...or not

If nothing else it's made it a bit easier to get the thoughts out of my head and onto paper (or monitor), in a more coherent fashion.

I don't really have a ritual per se. I just flop down in a chair or whatever at the end of the day, write about something from my thoughts, day, or topic I find and got to work on it. I quit when I feel it's complete.

To be perfectly honest, this blog is now all the journaling I do. I feel it's enough.

Perhaps when I start doing more magical work I'll have more to write in a journal, but for now this keeps me happy..

Blessed Be


No comments:

Post a Comment