Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lovely Spring Day

It was a lovely spring day in the Ozarks. We helped plant some apple trees at the UU church after service. It was nice to get our hands in the earth. Felt good to know she is awaking from winter slumber and that the trees will eventually produce some oxygen, remove some toxins and provide some sustenance for someone. To me it's a spiritually nourishing act.

Someone donated 5 more trees so we will be planting those next week as well as getting the garden setup up. I think community gardens are an awesome thing. Since we don't have a spot to have our own, it's nice to still be able to get out there and help out.

It's been a rough year, but I think things are starting to stabilize a bit. Still a long road, but at least now there are some bright spots. That helps ease the tension.

I think Helen and I are learning quite a lot. Starting to kind of see where we are and where we want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment