Saturday, April 16, 2011

Things you do better now that you’re old enough to “get it”

What things do you feel you do better at this point in you life than in the past

I have several, but they all come back to communication and compassion.

I’ve forever been the shy one. The one who tried to crawl into the woodwork. I was always the scrawny one everyone picked on and so I grew to hate people. Makes one cynical over time. I still struggle with this but now I know that it is people’s actions I dislike, not necessarily the person. The people who bully others have insecurity issues of their own.

Though I still fight the urges to revert back to this MO, I feel that for the most part people are good. They want to be heard and understood. Most (including myself) are good at talking but not at listening..

I’ll admit it, I’m socially awkward. It really pushes my boundaries to share my thoughts or feelings, or writing with other people. I guess I’m afraid they will make fun of me. But the thing is I feel better after the fact. The anticipation is always the worse.

Since I’ve started doing this I feel more connected, in-tune, with people on a human level. All the materialist shit doesn’t matter. It just people sharing. And that’s where love and compassion starts.

Once we can all start listening and sharing, we can all get on the same page, and maybe we can change the world ..

“dude ya gotta pass left man?? whoa!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment